tired, sad, horny, etc.
I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.
Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.
- go to the bathroom to escape
- feel very uncomfortable without a phone or some other crutch
- dwell on a small awkward moment for much longer than necessary
- never go to any social event without a person that makes you feel comfortable
- follow said person way too much
- worry about the person beginning to find you obnoxious
- faking an illness to get out of a social event